Posts made in November 2021

The Durability of Quartz Countertops

Easy-To-Clean Quartz Countertops in Pittsburgh, PA

Quartz countertops in Pittsburgh, PA, are quite the popular option for many homeowners. This is because this is a material that doesn’t just deliver the looks people desire, but also the durability.

An impressive 90% of any quartz countertop is made from quartz crystals. Quartz is one of the hardest minerals on the planet. The other 10% is comprised of pigments and binders to give homeowners the beautiful, hardy, and nonporous surface they want. This perfect combination of form and function delivers the best of the natural material while making it even better suited for the wear and tear seen in most kitchens or bathrooms.

The durability of quartz is what makes it stand out when compared to marble or granite. Thanks to its unique engineering, quartz is better situated to handle the splashes, abrasive forces, and impacts that your surfaces might experience in a kitchen or bathroom setting. That means your surfaces are less likely to require ongoing maintenance and special considerations.

Quartz countertops are likely to be the best option for you when you want a beautiful surface that doesn’t need coddling. Finally, you can have that natural stone look you desire without having to worry about premature discoloring, cracking, or scratches.

How to Polish Your Granite Countertops

Learn How to Polish Granite Countertops

You love your granite countertops in PA, but over time you have noticed they have lost a little bit of that luster that you first fell in love with. That beautiful surface can be restored. All you need to do is polish your stonework so that it can shine like new again. But before you start, it is crucial to understand the right way to polish your granite so that you don’t end up causing any damage while trying to restore it. We are here with the advice you need.

The first step to polishing your countertop is to clean the entire surface with a granite-specific cleaner. We recommend using the appropriate polishing pad set to the recommended speed—usually a low one—to help you avoid creating any scratches. You also typically want to work from the outside edge of the granite inwards.

As you remove excessive dirt, you can keep repeating the process with finer diamond polishing pads until you reach the finest grit. It is important to remember never to apply pressure during the polishing process—let the pad do its work.

Once all the dirt is removed, you can apply a polishing cream and buff it to the desired finish using a hog’s hair or buffing pad. Finally, once you have achieved your desired shine, you will need to re-seal the granite to make sure it continues to look its best for many more years to come.